At JS Burgess Engineering we provide a wide range of stillages made in the UK – from profile and tyre stillages, to A-frames, post-pallets, recycling bins, trolleys and bogeys. We specialise in large runs of high quality, UK-made stillages. Here, we offer several reasons why buying UK-made stillages (and goods generally!) can be better for everyone.
- British-made goods are often of a higher quality than those made abroad. This is of course not a hard-and-fast rule, although we feel it is particularly true of stillages made in our factory due to the degree to which we can ensure quality and consistency. We utilise high grade commercial quality steel, which is worked by our specialist welders and engineers. We believe our longevity (we’ve been going for more than 25 years) and our customer base (we work for some of the world’s largest companies) are a great testament to the high quality of the stillages we produce in our UK-based factory! We’re also ISO accredited for quality.
- According to figures from the Guardian, there are around 90,000 ocean-going cargo ships, which operate 24 hours a day for around 280 days a year – making them responsible for between 3.5% and 4% of global climate change emissions. Buying stillages from the UK eliminates the need to utilise these large cargo ships (the engines of which can produce c. 109,000 horsepower) and thus their environmental impact.
- All our engineers live in the UK, and thus utilising our stillage design and manufacturing services means that you are investing in the UK – and that important skills can be passed on to up and coming engineers, and that or manufacturing sector remains strong!
- We’re close! We are more than happy to meet our customers in person to talk through particularly complex requirements, or to look at the way in which your stillages will be used and suggest improvements to current designs. As we’re based close to Stockport, we are very central in terms of the UK.
- Our suppliers are UK-based as well. We believe in supporting other UK-businesses as much as we can, and working with local companies in an effort to form connections and provide the best overall service possible to our own clients.
For more information, please get in touch via our contact page, or feel free to leave a comment below – we’d love to hear your thoughts!